Final round of grant support for local businesses
Businesses and charities in Gravesham that missed out on Government support grants to help them through the Coronavirus crisis, have a final opportunity to apply for a discretionary grant by Sunday 9 August, if they have not already done so.
The remaining grant pot is strictly limited and so applications will be prioritised to achieve maximum impact in terms of the size and number of grant awards that will be made.
The fund is being administered by Gravesham Borough Council to help those who were not eligible for the Government’s Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Fund.
It is targeted at businesses and charities with ongoing fixed commercial property-related costs which have experienced a significant fall in income due to the Covid-19 crisis, including but not limited to:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces such as sub-divided rural/industrial units
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment
- Bed and Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of Business Rates
- Charity property in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief
- Businesses which missed out on the original grant scheme through a legitimate issue with their VOA status on 11 March.
- Businesses that form part of the supply chain for the Leisure, Retail and Hospitality sector.
- Creative sector businesses.
- Any other business with fixed commercial property-related costs, which can demonstrate a significant fall in income due to the Covid-19 crisis.
It is anticipated that fixed grants of between £2,000 and £10,000 will be paid to successful applicants, depending on their circumstances.
Encouraging local businesses to apply, Cllr John Burden, Leader of Gravesham Borough Council said: “Our small businesses and charitable organisations play a huge role in Gravesham’s success and we are determined to allocate these final grant monies, to benefit as many local organisations as we can with the funds that have been made available to us.
“To date, the Council has already paid grants of almost £15 million to more than 1,200 organisations locally.”
For more details and to apply visit www.gravesham.gov.uk/bizgrant
Previous applicants will not be re-considered.
Applications must be received, in full, by midnight on Sunday 9 August.